On Saturday 29 September 2018 Knutsford and District Motor Club will be running a Historic Road Rally in and around Cheshire.
About 75 vehicles from the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s will be taking part; they will be navigating their way around the beautiful and interesting Cheshire countryside. Throughout the day they will complete a route of around 150 miles, starting and finishing near Bulkeley at the Bickerton Poacher pub.
If you would like to see the 75 crews participating and take in the sight of historic cars such as Triumphs Dolomite and 2000, Bentley Derby, Mini Coopers, MG Magnette, Midget and MGBs, early Ford Escorts, Hillman Avenger, Morris Minor, early Golfs, Volvo Amazon, early Porsches, and many other vehicles (see below for how you can access the full list of cars and crews), we have compiled a list of Public Houses along the route that will hopefully give a great vantage point for watching the event, whilst making a great place to stop and take in the hospitality of some of the area's finest pubs. (We cannot promise they will all be open at the time the rally passes, however, but some certainly will!). Please park carefully so as not to impede the rally, customers nor members of the general public. The rally will take about 1½ hours to pass.
Most of the other locations which the cars visit are private and unfortunately spectators cannot be admitted. Times below are approximate. Note in the event of bad weather or other problems the route and times may have to be altered at the last minute.
· Bickerton Poacher, Bulkeley (on A534). The rally starts and finishes here, but parking space is at a premium and required for the competitors and pub customers. The east side car park is totally reserved for competitors. Do NOT park on the A road. First car starts 8.15am and finishes back here around 4.50pm
· Carden Arms, Tilston from 8.40
· Hare & Hounds, Crowton from 11.40
· Bull's Head, Davenham. The rally has its lunch halt here from 12.10. There will be no parking in the pub car park which is reserved for competitors' cars. Please park carefully in the surrounding streets.
· Oddfellows Arms, Davenham from 12.10
· The Windmill, Junc19 M6 / A556 from 13.30
· The Smoker. Plumley from 13.40
· The Golden Pheasant, Plumley from 13.45
· The Egerton Arms, Chelford from 14.15
· The Badger, Church Minshull, from 15.45
· The Tollemache Arms, Alpraham, from 16.00
· Bickerton Poacher, Bulkeley for the finish - see details above.
Please note that the event will not be visiting Beeston Cattle Market.
However, the event is going to Oulton Park for two special tests on the rally stage. Our tests will run from 10.00 to 11.30. These can be viewed if you are attending the race meeting at Oulton Park - normal entry charges apply.
We hope you can get out and enjoy the spectacle of our motoring heritage weaving its way through the countryside and also give support and/or a donation to the North West Air Ambulance - a charity which the Tour of Cheshire and Knutsford & District Motor Club are supporting. If you would like more details of the event (including the full entry list) and the North West Air Ambulance, then visit the event web site at www.tourofcheshire.co.uk